RARA-AVIS: Max Allan Collins: Neon Mirage

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 09 Dec 2003

The big box I rescued from the charity ladies yields yet another fine novel: Neon Mirage, by Max Allan Collins. It's a historical novel set in postsecondworldwar Chicago, with PI Nat Heller. All the corruption and gangsterism you could wish for, in vivid prose (Leonardian Hammettian, to be technical or Armenian about it). Includes photos of beautiful people like Mickey Cohen, Tony Cornero, Ben Siegel. I read it in one sitting. Highly recommended not only to those who, like me, love Chicago and its history, but to anyone who enjoys the tough and colloquial.

Best regards,

MrT