RARA-AVIS: Writing the same book over and over

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 04 Dec 2003

Miles Archer wrote: Many authors in the genre write the same book, over and over.

********************** No argument there. An adult version of the Hardy Boys. I got tired of endless series when I was reading science fiction. Same damn characters in the same damn situations having the same damn conversations and doing the same damn thing. I think Michael Connelly is the only writer in hardboiled who I have read beyond three into a series.

miker