Re: RARA-AVIS: website alert

From: Al Guthrie ( allanguthrie@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: 03 Dec 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Williams" < johnwilliams@ntlworld.com>
> Rare birds with a little time on their hands might want to check out this
> fascinating collection of writings on noir/thrillers. Includes a great,
> long, essay on Ted Lewis.

John, if you thought the Ted Lewis essay was long, you want to see the one on Donald Hamilton! At a conservative estimate, I'd say it would occupy 100 book pages. I'm on a Hamilton binge at the moment and this made my day. Amazing discovery.

Donald Hamilton essay: http://www.jottings.ca/john/thriller_writ1.html

Al