Re: RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled SF: Roger Zelazny

From: Brian Thornton ( tieresias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 02 Dec 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Powell" < bleekerbooks@hotmail.com> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Monday, December 01, 2003 9:03 AM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled SF: Roger Zelazny

> Roger Zelazny wrote three short novels about an unnamed futuristic
> troubleshooter. They are "Eve Of Rumoko",
"Kjawlll'kje'k'koothai'lll'kjr'k"
> (sp? who knows?), and the most famous, "Home Is The Hangman". They're all
> pretty good and have been collected in "My Name Is Legion".

"My Name Is Legion" is terrific! It's interesting in that these three stories anticipate the whole "internet/government has your name on a list" thing. Zelazny could really write taut, thriller-type stuff. Although it's high fantasy, there's also a very noir approach to the treatment of family relations in the original "Amber" series as well.

All the Best,

Brian