RARA-AVIS: Re: T.S. Sribling

From: Douglas Greene ( dgreene@odu.edu)
Date: 12 Sep 2003

I'm not sure I would call Stribling "Noir" and certainly not "hardboiled," but his 2 collections of detective stories -- CLUES OF THE CARIBEES (1929) and BEST DR. POGGIOLI DETECTIVE STORIES (1975) are subversive of the form.

Crippen & Landru has contracted with Stribling's heirs to issue the unreprinted stories that appeared in ADVENTURE and BLUE BOOK in the late 20's and 30's. It will be called DR. POGGIOLI CRIMNINOLIGTS, edited by Arthur Vidro and published in our Lost Classics series sometime early next year.

Doug

Douglas G. Greene www.CrippenLandru.com Crippenlandru@earthlink.net