Re: RARA-AVIS: ME ME ME ME ME: not a novel: Robison

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 12 Aug 2003

Todd Mason wrote:
> Well, MEx5 is aimed at her M. E. Kerr (YA fiction) readers, so it
> concentrates more on how she became a writer, up through college, and
skirts
> most of the more adult aspects of her life. That she attended college
with
> Richard Matheson is noted (I don't remember if she brought him to Gold
Medal
> or not).
>
> Did you contact her, Mike, and encourage her to come aboard? Good job, if
> so.

************ After I finished THE DAMNATION OF ADAM BLESSING I surfed around the net for information on her and came up with the email address and wrote her and asked her if she would come on and she agreed. I chose the later date to give me time to read more of her books.

Most of the short online biographies don't have much to say about her before she launched her Vin Packer career, and I was hoping I might find some of that in her ME autobiography. I told her we were a surly hardboiled and noir crew, so I think she will be expecting a lot of Vin Packer questions.

I've got her Highsmith book coming, plus a couple early Gold Medals. If you have ever contemplated reading some of her books, now would be a great time, but I might also add that reading Highsmith might not be a bad idea, either. I think if anybody would have insight into her work, it would be Ms Meaker.

miker