Re: RARA-AVIS: Keitel as Marlowe?

From: BRIAN RITT ( brianritt@prodigy.net)
Date: 29 Jun 2003

Hi, This is my first post, I've been lurking for a few months. I think Keitel would make an extremely awkward Marlowe. Keitel's style of speaking is slow and measured. Marlowe deals out snappy, wisecracking one-liners. Also, Marlowe's character is flippant on the surface, but with deeper "issues" going on within. Keitel plays his parts with almost excruciating sincerity and earnestness; I can't see him delivering a performance as a flippant wise-ass.

B.Ritt