Re: RARA-AVIS: New books from Lehane and Block (or at least new to me)

From: Chris Martin ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 09 May 2003

Sorry...I hit return to soon on my last post.

As I mentioned, I also read Small Town by Lawrence Block recently. I love the Scudder series and Block's short stories, though I tend to skip his other books, though I know that Block does them well. My favorite aspect about Block is his talent for writing internal monologue for characters, and Small Town provides a great examples of this. What's more impressive, is that even in the Scudder books told in the first person he finds a way to naturally weave in the internal monologue of other characters. I wish I had my copy of The Devil Knows You're Dead handy to quote an example of this. Maybe next week.

Chris

_________________________________________________________________ Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail