RARA-AVIS: New books from Lehane and Block (or at least new to me)

From: Chris Martin ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 09 May 2003

I read recent books by Dennis Lehand and Lawrence Block last week.

Lehane's Shutter Island is like none of his other books, but could be compared alongside the lesser Connellys, like Chasing the Dime (which was a fun read). It really picks up steam toward the end and reminded me a bit of the more recent books from Thomas H. Cook. Not as deep a descent into noir as can be found in Cook, but that same sense that a twist is coming that will change one's perception of everything that's occurred up to that point.
  It's not as good as Mystic River, but that's no sin.

I'll try to comment

_________________________________________________________________ MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus