Re: RARA-AVIS: God is a Bullet: Another opinion

From: Al Guthrie ( allanguthrie@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: 09 May 2003

I read "God Is A Bullet" about a month ago. I thought the level of violence was pitched just about right to make it convincing. You read a book about boxing, you expect some punches. This one's about a bloodthirsty religious cult who enjoy a spot of ritualistic murder instead of the more traditional mid-week prayer meeting. I anticipated some bloodlust and Boston Teran delivered.

According to the author, the book is based on fact. He also points out that the book is no more violent than the Bible.

For what it's worth, I thought "God.." was a well-written, entertaining, compact thriller. Hardboiled but not in the least bit noir.

Al