RARA-AVIS: Burke's Civil War Novel

From: James Reasoner ( james53@flash.net)
Date: 12 Feb 2003

I was just wondering if any of you have read James Lee Burke's recent Civil War novel WHITE DOVES AT MORNING. I finished it earlier today and thought it was pretty good. The plot's a little soap-opera-ish in places but the writing is good and he gets the Civil War stuff right for the most part. Interesting to get a backwards look at so many of the places that turn up in his mystery novels.

James