RARA-AVIS: Some pre-Lew Archer?

From: Ed Lynskey ( e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 16 Nov 2002

I picked up a short novel by Ross MacDonald titled MEET ME AT THE MORGUE. The first few pages have read well. With a 1953 pub date, I'm guessing it's pre-Lew Archer. Still, the prose has his clean, exact quality. Has anyone read this and is it regarded as a proving ground for the Archer novels?

Not to get off topic, though. I have Hammett's THE BIG KNOCKOVER on deck.

Ed Lynskey

=====