Re: Gypsy Rose Lee (was:RARA-AVIS: JAMES E. GUNN)

From: Etienne Borgers ( wbac1203@wanadoo.be)
Date: 09 Nov 2002

Yes Bill, that's it! Craig Rice. And as far as I remember, she helped Gypsy Rose Lee with her second mystery novel as well. I've also heard about the two explanations (ghost/no ghost), but most of what I read lately was in favor of the ghost writer explanation.

Craig Rice also helped George Sanders (the actor)to write 'Crime on my Hands' (1944). But in fact she was also a screenwriter for the Falcon series (with Sanders)during the 40s, so this could explain that...

E.Borgers HARD-BOILED MYSTERIES (with a new chapter: Nippon Noir) http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384