Re: RARA-AVIS: Interlibrary loans (was Latimer)

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 23 Aug 2002

Al,

Re your comment below:

> Somebody mentioned interlibrary loans before and I
> thought it sounded like a
> good idea. I enquired about this at my local
> library. I was told that it
> was not a standard service and although exceptions
> could be made, it was
> only possible for books that were in print and
> applied to non-fiction titles
> only. Bang goes that idea.

Where do you live?!? I'd certainly like to know which public library gives such poor service to its patrons.
 Interlibrary loan is a standard service to patrons of the Chicago Public Library, and to most patrons of the various suburban libraries. Lots of college libraries have it as an option too, so, if you still live close to your alma mater, and you're in the alumni association, maybe you can use them.

JIM DOHERTY