Re: RARA-AVIS: Jake Arnott

From: Scatalogic@aol.com
Date: 16 Aug 2002

Marianne asked:

Has anybody here read Jake Arnott's stuff? I've just finished HE KILLS COPPERS, and I liked it more than THE LONG FIRM. He handles the three threads pretty well, and winds them up nicely at the end. But....I don't know.

Hello MM: I have posted on here before about how much I hated The Long Firm. A particularly vitriolic review of which got me offered a chance to write for a mystery site which has now, I believe, gone bancrupt, bah! However, I have just got up my local council's library catalogue and there is a copy just up the road which I shall now fetch and peruse over the weekend. Can I keep my mind open? I dunno, call for a tin-opener.

Should anyone wish to engage in a long discussion as to why The Long Firm is so bad - or not, please feel free to post away.

Iach Y Da Colin, who now the code is broken is speaking in Welsh.