Re: RARA-AVIS: Gold Medal: The Avenger

From: abc@wt.net
Date: 12 Aug 2002

James says: "This is a hard book for me to evaluate. There's a lot of that sappy Fifties love talk that's been brought up before in the discussion of Gold Medals, a good bit of psychobabble, some lurid talk about drugs that's about on the level of "Reefer Madness", and some really crude writing. The ending is sort of a letdown, too. Having said all that (you guessed it), I liked the book. I have a real fondness for books in which a lot happens in a short amount of time, and that's certainly true here."

A great comment, and it pretty much expresses my feelings about most of the Gold Medal line. God help me, but I just love 'em. Well, most of 'em.

Bill Crider