Re: RARA-AVIS: Procedurals (Martin Beck)

From: Stewart Wilson ( Stewart@stewartwilson.com)
Date: 12 Aug 2002

"Anders Engwall (EAB)" wrote:

> Joy Matkowski:
>
> > A friend of mine says they show the authors' progression to
> > the left.
>
> I believe the far left leanings of the authors where there
> right from the start, it was just a case of visibility;

I have to concur. MURDER ON THE THIRTY-FIRST FLOOR, written alone by Per (but dedicated to Maj) predates the Beck series, and is has the same heavy criticism of the right that shows up in the later Beck novels. I found the commentary in the Beck novels hilarious, but in MURDER ON THE THIRTY-FIRST FLOOR is was too heavy handed. (It was also published as THE THIRTY-FIRST FLOOR).

Cheers,
--Stewart