Re: RARA-AVIS: police procedurals

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 11 Aug 2002

Joy,

Re your comment below:

> Still on BritNoir, I'm now reading Bill James's _Top
> Banana,_ and that's no
> police procedural either.

Haven't read Bill James yet, though I've heard lots of good things about him, so I can't personally comment.

Why aren't his books procedurals. Is the police work deliberately and pointedly inaccurate? Is there not even a pretense of accuracy a la Elizabeth Linnington?
 If the police work is accurately depicted (or even purported to be accurate), then it is a police procedural.

JIM DOHERTY