RARA-AVIS: Brett Halliday recommendations

From: Gary ( piesbook@execpc.com)
Date: 07 Aug 2002

Sorry to be late to the party, but here are my recommendations for Halliday from my book A READERS GUIDE TO THE PRIVATE EYE NOVEL:

A Taste for Violence--what a surprise. The story is good, but I liked the way it echoed Red Harvest.

But I also liked Mike Shayne's Long Chance. It finds Mike out of his native Miami and in New Orleans instead. It has a little locked room, a little Rear Window, and Mike in the frame.

Best, GWN Gary Warren Niebuhr P. O. Box 341218 Milwaukee, WI 53234 piesbook@execpc.com http://www.execpc.com/~piesbook/piescatalog.html