Re: RARA-AVIS: Gold Medal question

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 04 Aug 2002

Mark,

Re your question below:

> Did JD MacDonald ever write any novels with real PIs
> (as opposed to
> pseudo-PI Travis McGee)?

As Al has already pointed out, JDM's first novel, THE BRASS CUPCAKE, features a PI, specifically an ex-cop turned insurance investigator.

If memory serves correctly (and if it doesn't, I'm sure others here will correct me), JDM's 1963 novel, THE DROWNER, also features an insurance detective as its protagonist. This novel was adapted for TV as a presentation of the anthology series KRAFT SUSPENSE THEATRE.

JIM DOHERTY