RE: RARA-AVIS: tears in my beer: MikeR

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 30 Jul 2002

Todd said: The dealers are out there, and need your support, and they often advertise in the cf magazines and the about-cf magazines, which also needyour support. And then there're the auction sites...

Although I try and avoid ebay (I don't like the idea of competitive bidding.) and buy from powell or abe, I have successfully bought some nice books thru ebay.

I wish I lived closer to Indianapolis. Its a decent-sized city, and I know there must be a lot of good used book stores there. But from where I live, it's a two hour drive to most places in Indianapolis. I'm hoping that this winter when the boating comes to an end, I'll be able to take a day off and go up and explore.

I have fond memories of many, many years ago when my parents would dump my young ass with my aunt in Indianapolis for a night or two. She took me to some of those old bookstores and was patient while I looked around.

thanks, miker