Re: RARA-AVIS: Wrapping up UK month

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 30 Jul 2002

<<Reverend Spadge Dooley.>>

Are you related to Reverend Cherrycoke? Even if you are, thanks for hosting the UK hardboiled discussion. As others have said, many UK authors are barely known in the US, and with our wonderful global model, we can't find their books in bookstores (which used to be the usual place, but no longer).

If Bush wants to do something for US culture, he should push to abolish the ridiculous taxation of book inventory. A book that stays in print for 20 years and sells 1,000 copies a year makes money. It's not quick money but it's money. I say this because we seem to be going back to reality on so many fronts...

Best,

MrT

=====
"The skill of man is unequal to the formation of a new man from old materials, but the battered tenement may, with care, be long sustained by props" -- From Becklard's Physiology.