Re: RARA-AVIS: david goodis question

From: Al Guthrie ( allanguthrie@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: 26 Jul 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "William Denton" < buff@pobox.com>
> The IMDB is the best place to check this sort of thing, and they list 12
> movies under his name, 11 adaptations of his books and two he wrote: THE
> UNFAITHFUL (1947) and THE BURGLAR (1957) from his own book. He didn't
> write the screenplay for DARK PASSAGE (1947) but there is that picture of
> him standing with Bogey and Bacall.

Where? It isn't on the Dark Passage page. Images of Goodis seem to be pretty scarce. Come to think of it, I have no idea at all what he looks like. Ditto for most of the Gold Medal crew. If anybody knows where I can put faces to Gil Brewer, Day Keene, Lionel White, Bruno Fischer, Dan Marlowe,etc., please let me know (JDM and Charles Williams I've seen on book jackets).

Al