Re: RARA-AVIS: david goodis question

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 26 Jul 2002

> there is that picture of
> > him standing with Bogey and Bacall.
>
> Where? It isn't on the Dark Passage page. Images of Goodis seem to
be
> pretty scarce. Come to think of it, I have no idea at all what he
looks
> like. Ditto for most of the Gold Medal crew. If anybody knows
where I
> can put faces to Gil Brewer, Day Keene, Lionel White, Bruno Fischer,
Dan
> Marlowe,etc., please let me know (JDM and Charles Williams I've seen
on
> book jackets).
>
> Al

The photo in question is in OVER MY DEAD BODY by Lee Server, a coffee table book about 1950's paperbacks (highly recommended to anyone with an interest in this topic). There's also a photo of the young Charles Willeford in military uniform & lots of lovely repros of 50's paperbacks, incl hardboiled stuff. I've recently seen a photo of Day Keene somewhere, I think on the back of a book but I don't recall which one.

Rene