Re: RARA-AVIS: RE: Ellroy on Mosley

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 24 Jul 2002

MrT wrote:

"He wrote an introduction for the reissue of Thompson's old novel _Heed the Thunder_. If he never read Thompson, what is he doing writing an introduction full of superlatives? I don't have the book with me, otherwise I would quote from it."

It was at least five years ago (maybe closer to ten) when I heard Ellroy declare he hadn't read Thompson (except King Blood, ofr whcih he wrote the intro), so maybe he's filled in some of the gap. Or maybe he was just talking trash when he said it.

Mark