RARA-AVIS: Heat Wave

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 24 Jul 2002

I just picked up Heat Wave by Timothy Harris. It was recently mentioned that it was the novelization of a script Harris himself wrote, but could not sell. However, the cover says it was based on a screenplay by Herschel Weingrod, who was Harris's co-scripter on 8 movies (and the copyright is Weingrod's). The cover also says Harris is the author of American Gigolo, which I'm guessing must be the novelization, since the movie was written (and directed) by Paul Schrader.

I also picked up Homicidal Lady by Day Keene -- how does this rate -- and Chip Harrison Scores Again by a pseudonymous Lawrence Block -- are the Chip Harrison books any good?

Mark