Re: RARA-AVIS: introduction

From: Brian Thornton ( tieresias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 24 Jul 2002

Hi miker,

I joined the group a few months back and mentioned that I had just finished the second draft of my first mystery novel, so I guess that puts me in the
"ellroy school of writing" (God forbid. I'd take his success, but I dislike his "crawling through the characters' bathwater" style)? Since that time I have received a groundswell of support and advice from guys like Al Guthrie, Jack Bludis, and Terril Lankford regarding getting my book published. In fact, I posted something to this group a couple of weeks ago talking about my first writers' conference, and never saw it actually materialize here. I just figured someone in some position of authority here decided it was off-topic and killed it.

Brian