RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V4 #331

From: marianne.macdonald@lineone.net
Date: 28 May 2002

><<But having an emotional attachment to their career is
>only
>relevant if their career is under threat.>>
A more general point than MrT's: to put it cynically but I think fairly, any career is threatened by possible lack of success with resulting damage to self-image, pride, whatever you want to call the emotions. And that's even before taking into account the consequences of any bonds that may be forged between detective and victim or criminal, or any moral principles that may be affronted. And the genre is certainly full of all that. At least, the interesting parts are.

MM