RARA-AVIS: re: poodle springs movie

From: Carrie Pruett ( pruettc@hotmail.com)
Date: 23 May 2002

sorry I wasn't clear - I wasn't disagreeing with you (haven't read or seen "Poodle Springs") just saying that a casting director wouldn't be able to resist the gimmick of a slightly over the hill tough guy in the role - not that Caan looked over-the-hill in "The Yards."

>My point wasn't that Caan wasn't (or Newman wouldn't
>have been) well cast as an "aging Marlowe," only that
>the "aging Marlowe" was a conceit of the film, not the
>book.
>JIM DOHERTY
-

He got thirty years for lovin' her/ from some Oklahoma governor,/ who said
"everything this doughboy does is wrong" - Tom Waits