Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Chandler/Poodle Springs

From: Peedie Monk ( peediemonk@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: 23 May 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anthony Dauer" < anthony.dauer@verizon.net>
> Why are y'all assuming the fragment has anything to do with what the
> final story would be once Chandler finished writing and editing it? If I
> were to assume anything it would be that it wouldn't be the same.

I'm not quite sure I understand your point. Apologies if I've misunderstood. Chandler's estate approached Parker to finish the book. Not Jackie Collins. Their opinion was that Parker would get closer to the end product Chandler would have produced. Consequently, that's what Parker tried to do. That's why I (I can't speak for anyone else) "assume" it has
"anything to do with" the "final story". Effectively, that was Parker's job specification. As for it being "the same". Unless Parker has psychic abilities he keeps quiet about, then of course it wouldn't be the same.

Al Guthrie