Re: RARA-AVIS: marlowe vs. hammer

From: George Upper ( gcupper3@yahoo.com)
Date: 22 May 2002

--- Robison Michael R CNIN < Robison_M@crane.navy.mil> wrote:
> was marlowe spozed to be able to do that? (i.e.,
bench 320 pounds)

No, he wasn't. We were talking about Spenser.

I can't remember the book, I think it may have been in PROMISED LAND after he had the fight with Susan, Spenser goes to the hotel weight room, puts the pin in the last hole on the Nautilus machine, and presses the stack. I don't know what the weight was, but 320 is probably pretty close.

G.

===== George C. Upper III, Editor The Lightning Bell Poetry Journal http://www.lightningbell.org/