Re: RARA-AVIS: Shell Scot

From: Peedie Monk ( peediemonk@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: 21 May 2002

----- Original Message -----
< Erick.Anderson@Nike.com>
> wrote:
> > I've read, and really enjoyed, and early Shel
> > Scott: Everybody Had A
> > Gun. I picked up another, later one, the of which
> > escapes me, but it didn't
> > seem to have the same "je ne sais qua" as the other.
> > I had to give it up
> > after 20 pages or so. Have other RA's had a similar
> > experience? What Scott
> > titles should I be looking for? Please advise.

Depends what it was about "Everybody Had A Gun" that you enjoyed. If it was lines like "Her breasts were so full and firm and abundant that each of them might have been both of them" or "There was a lot of her already in the room before the rest of her got in" or "He was dead, all right. He had been shot, poisoned, stabbed and strangled," then I heartily recommend "Take A Murder Darling."

Al Guthrie