Re: RARA-AVIS: recently bought

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 20 May 2002

--- M Blumenthal < blumenidiot@21stcentury.net> wrote:
> I purchased several copies of sf favorites from the
> '50's and 60's to
> replace mine that are crumbling and lot of newer
> books, but here are only
> the books of interest to this list that are older
> than ten years:
>
> HALL - Quiller

A fantastic book, but as I'm sure Mr. Duns has already told you, it'll help your appreciation if you know something about the character/setup from the get-go.

> MARLOWE - Operation Breakthrough
> MARLOWE - Operation Deathmaker

Supposedly these later Operations are very bad. I haven't read any except NAME OF THE GAME IS DEATH (a masterpiece) and the immediate followup (title escapes me right now) which was decent. Will be curious what you think -- I like pulpy men's adventure stuff of all stripes.

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com