RARA-AVIS: Re: Happy Shaft Day, and other Bloody Words

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com)
Date: 13 May 2002

Soul brother number one wrote:

>They say that cat Shaft's a bad mother . . . shut yo mouf!

I can dig it! See you at the parade!

And Mr. Bill wrote:

>I know that Mr. Smith, Mr. Schooley and Ms. Macdonald are all coming to
>the Bloody Words [1] convention here in Toronto next month. I didn't
>recognize any other rare birds on the list of attendees, but if you're
>coming, let me know. We can all head down to the bar on opening night for
>a drink together.
>
>Walter Mosley is the international guest of honour this year. I'm looking
>forward to seeing him.

Hey, try to get Walter to join us! Last year's gabfest with you and Loren Estleman, Deborah Morgan, Jerry Healy and Peter Sellers in the little bar there was a real highlight.

And oh, the stories we will tell...

This year's meeting doesn't look quite as hard-boiled in tone as last year, so I guess it will be up to us to toughen up things a bit. Marianne, bring your brass knucks. And Kerry, of course, I know you'll be carrying...

(Actually, it's always a treat to meet folks face to face. If any other Rara Avians are going to be in T.O. that weekend, DO let Bill know... )