Re: RARA-AVIS: Take the square root of Pronzini and multiply by Crais

From: Jim Beaver ( jumblejim@prodigy.net)
Date: 09 May 2002

Speaking of Parker and liking or not liking him, I recently listened (or tried to listen) to an audiobook of one of the Spenser novels. It was read by someone I'd not heard of, whose name was also Parker (not Robert B. himself). It was the worst reading I have ever heard on an audiobook (even counting an abominable Leonard Nimoy-read science fiction book I heard part of once). Anyone know if this is a relative of Robert B.'s? It's the only reason I can think of that someone this ungifted in reading aloud would be given the opportunity this person was.

Jim Beaver