Re: RARA-AVIS: black cherry blues

From: WordRunner@aol.com
Date: 02 May 2002

In a message dated 5/2/02 7:46:10 AM, Robison_M@crane.navy.mil writes:

<< i was especially pleased to see

a child in a hardboiled book, and not just as a con-

venient victim or unwilling witness, but as a genuine,

intelligent, contributing character. >>

Joe Lansdale's "The Bottoms" is another one with a child at the center. It is my least favorite of Lansdale's crime novels, too much watered down Harper Lee in it for me. However, it got great press and was drenched in awards, so what do I know? Not much, apparently.

                                    Jim Blue