RARA-AVIS: black cherry blues

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 02 May 2002

george says of _black cherry blues_:

I haven't read all the Robicheaux series, but BCB is one of my favorites so far. Much better, in my opinion, than the first two in the series. Won an Edgar, too, IIRC.

you do remember correctly, george. it did win an edgar. thats why i chose it to read it over all his others. i had read another edgar winner earlier,
_skull mantra_, and was sorta hot on them.

it was a good book. i was especially pleased to see a child in a hardboiled book, and not just as a con- venient victim or unwilling witness, but as a genuine, intelligent, contributing character.

to be honest, i like to read the ones that break away from the standard trappings. its a breath of fresh air.

the only other burke i've read, and this was many years ago, was _flamingo morning_. it was ok, but at the time, it didn't drag me back for more.

miker