Re: RARA-AVIS: A Hell of a Woman

From: Paul Miller ( phm@midsouth.rr.com)
Date: 01 Mar 2002

Well I finished my re-read of Thompson's A Hell of a Woman which was brought on by Rodney Welch's review calling it the writer's magnum opus. I must agree this is, in my opinion, Thompson's masterpiece. This time I read the last two pages seperating out the italics and the print and reading them seperately and I understood the ending better. Thompson has made a killer duet or killer in stereo with this novel and it is one wild ride. I kinda felt like Thompson had set me in a chair, spun me around several times and then slapped me.

Paul Miller