RARA-AVIS: Can you name this book?

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 31 Jan 2002

Rara-avians : I've just received this e-mail. Do any rare-birds out there know what this book is? I've not heard of anything like it, the closest that I can think of is a short story by SF author Barrington J Bayley which, IIRC, was about a future or alien society that was based on film noir or 40's movies & had characters with names like Humphrey Bogart. It was probably better than it sounds, BJ Bayley is a very imaginative & original author of SF, short stories in particular.If anyone could help Ill pass on the info or you can e-mail Dana directly.
----- Original Message ----- From: "dana" < percy@ecn.net.au> To: < rribic@optusnet.com.au> Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 9:20 PM Subject: Amazon site..

> Hi,
>
> I found your comments on film noir/hardboiled books available at the
Amazon