Re: RARA-AVIS: Can you name this book?

From: Bob Toomey ( btoomey@javanet.com)
Date: 31 Jan 2002

There are two possibilities;

The Night Mayor by Kim Newman, a great noir SF novel set mostly in virtual reality where the main character keeps running into Bogart and Lorre and so forth. It's about halfway between a parody and a horror novel.

The other book is Suspects by film critic David Thompson, who wrote the great Biographical Dictionary of Film. This is probably the one your guy is looking for, since it deals with the characters in the movies rather than the actors.

Rating the two, I'd give the nod to Newman, though both books are fun

BobT