Re: RARA-AVIS: Hannibal/Red Dragon

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 17 Jan 2002

Ian wrote:

"I think Carrie is talking about a purported remake with Hopkins as Hannibal. I hadn't heard Fiennes being mooted for the Will Graham role though."

Not Graham, he's set to play Dolarhyde. Edward Norton was cast as Graham. It's been a long time since I read the book, but isn't Norton a bit young for that role?

Here's the info on the movie from www.imdb.com:

Red Dragon (2002) Page 1 of 15
   Directed by Brett Ratner  Writing credits Thomas Harris  (novel) Ted Tally

Tagline: How It All Began!

Plot Outline: FBI agent Will Graham seeks the help of Dr. Hannibal "The Cannibal" Lecter to help solve the case of "The Tooth Fairy".

Production Notes/Status: Status:Pre-production Comments:Universal Pictures has announced that the first day of filming on Red Dragon will be Monday, January 7. Status Updated:19 December 2001 Note:Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change or could be removed completely.

Credited cast overview: Anthony Hopkins.... Dr. Hannibal 'The Cannibal' Lecter Edward Norton.... F.B.I. Agent William 'Will' Graham Ralph Fiennes.... Francis Dolarhyde Harvey Keitel.... Jack Crawford Mary-Louise Parker.... Molly Graham Emily Watson.... Reba McClane Philip Seymour Hoffman.... Freddy Lounds Country: USA