Re: RARA-AVIS: Hannibal/Red Dragon

From: Ian Galbraith ( igalbraith@ozonline.com.au)
Date: 16 Jan 2002

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 23:39:20 -0500, Anthony Dauer wrote:

:From: Carrie Pruett
:Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 02:26:44

:> speaking of Harris adaptations, I just read some weird
:> thing about "Red Dragon" being made with Ralph Fiennes
:> in the "title role" and Anthony Hopkins in a supporting
:> role - I never read the book, but does this mean Hopkins
:> is playing Lecter? I don't remember what director was
:> listed, but it wasn't Demme or Scott.

:Came out as "Manhunter" ... no Anthony Hopikins and directed by Michael Mann. Thought to be better than Silent of the Lambs by some.

I think Carrie is talking about a purported remake with Hopkins as Hannibal. I hadn't heard Fiennes being mooted for the Will Graham role though.

--
Ian Galbraith
Email: igalbraith@ozonline.com.au ICQ#: 7849631

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it doesn't go away." - Philip K. Dick