Re: RARA-AVIS: God is in the details, not the footnotes....

From: Graham Powell ( bleekerbooks@hotmail.com)
Date: 13 Dec 2001

Personally, I find that when an author injects real details into his work, whether I'm familiar with them or not, it injects a sense of realism, and one of the things I love about George's books is their absolutely authentic feel. I don't know how much George draws on his own for these books, but they sound like he knows exactly what he's talking about. This could be a case of "write what you know", ie he writes about the people and places he's familiar with, but in my opinion it really works well.

BTW Did you know that George is guest of honor at next year's BCon?

Graham
----------- http://www.BleekerBooks.com Hardboiled and Noir