RARA-AVIS: Recent read - Brit HB

From: Scatalogic@aol.com
Date: 13 Nov 2001

After the discussion on British HB writers I have now read David Peace's Yorkshire Noirs - 1974 and 1977.

I really liked 1974 and read it in one sitting, a page-turner (not meant as a slight!) 1977 I found much harder to get along with. The shifting from plot to internal monologue was confusing - and like Ellroy he seems to be getting more stylised as he goes along.

I should say that I didn't read 1977 under ideal circumstances and I shall probably go back and read both in quick succession.

Cheers Colin