Re: RARA-AVIS: The Man Who Wasn't There

From: ejmd__ ( ejmd__@ntlworld.com)
Date: 10 Nov 2001

"a.n.smith" ansmith@netdoor.com writ:

[SNIP]
> I just wrote a paper about how Hollywood's attempt's to
> "clean up" Cain in the olden days sucked the true morality
> of the novels out of the film versions. At least to me...

Will we get to see it?

On the Production Code, someone in the BBC film noir documentary, 'Dark and Deadly'--possibly the director of _Gun Crazy_ (name escapes me)--recalls how the restrictions of the code made filmmakers more inventive, so they had to work around the code and oftentimes came up with something better than what they may have done if they hadn't had to devise a workaround.

ED