RARA-AVIS: The Man Who Wasn't There

From: Hugh Lessig ( hlessig@earthlink.net)
Date: 10 Nov 2001

The previous post on "The Heist" reminded me: Has anyone seen "The Man Who Wasn't There?" It's the new noir film by the Coen brothers, starring Billy Bob Thornton, James Gandolfini and Frances McDormand. Filmed in black and white, supposedly draws heavily from "Double Indemnity" among other noirs. I believe it has been released, although I can't seem to find it in Richmond, Va.

For details, check out www.themanwhowasntthere.com. It's a great web site.

Hugh Lessig