Re: RARA-AVIS: The Man Who Wasn't There

From: a.n.smith ( ansmith@netdoor.com)
Date: 10 Nov 2001

I saw a story on CNN.com about the film, and it said the Coens lean a lot on
*three* James M. Cain books: Mildred Pierce, Double Indemnity, and Postman...

They also said it's a true work of art. Thus once again validating how great Cain is.

Can't wait to see it.

I just wrote a paper about how Hollywood's attempt's to "clean up" Cain in the olden days sucked the true morality of the novels out of the film versions. At least to me...

Neil Smith