RARA-AVIS: Bouchercon tapes

From: Moorich2@aol.com
Date: 05 Nov 2001

The George Pelacanos and S. J. Rozan "Criminal Conversation" panel at Bouchercon was in the last convention time slot. I estimate more than half the attendees had left the hotel or were in the process of packing and checking out by panel time. That's a shame because it was a thoughtful discussion on many topics from the role of sports in society (both have novels with youth football (U.S.) backgrounds coming out in March) to the impact of September 11th on writing and publishing.

The sessions were taped and can be ordered from Audio Recording Services Inc., PO Box 213, Queenstown, MD 21658. The tape number for Pelecanos/Rozan is 081. The cost is $10.00 for the tape and $7.00 for shipping. The service has a website which should have info on the other sessions. The URL is www.ars-service.com and the flyer says buy on-site and save shipping and handling costs.

I had to work Thursday and Friday and missed the Michael Connelly interview by Gary Niebuhr. I hear it was great and that's one tape I'll be ordering.

Richard Moore