Re: RARA-AVIS: French Hard Boiled

From: Philip Benz ( Philip.Benz@wanadoo.fr)
Date: 01 Nov 2001

Stewart Wilson wrote:
> I want recommendations for French HB, in non-translated
> editions, if possible, still in print.

Try one of Jean-Claude Izzo's novels featuring detective Fabio Montale. The first, _Total Kheops_, is very hardboiled, and the other two,
_Chuormo_ and _Solea_ progressively less so, but still great reads.

Don't know if Izzo's novels have been translated yet. Perhaps someone else on the list can say. If not, they richly deserve to be. Sadly, Izzo died some 2 years ago, so Fabio Montale will be making no more appearances... though _Solea_ did rather suggest it was his last goodbye.

Cheers, --- Phil Lyc饠Astier, Aubenas, France