Re: RARA-AVIS: San Francisco: Don Herron's tour

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 15 Oct 2001

Four hour tour? That's longer than the trip to Gilligan's Island.

I wasn't able to go on Herron's walking tour during my one trip to San Francisco about 15 years ago, but I did pick up the book version, Herron's Literary Walks in San Francisco, #1: Dashiell Hammett Tour. I'm assuming Dawn Heron Press means it was self-published.

A friend of mine took the tour not too long ago and she thought it was great. Afterwards, she hung out with him in John's Grill for over an hour, talking about Willeford.

Mark